Briteweb is a digital and branding agency with offices in Vancouver and New York, working with some of the most influential nonprofits and foundations around the world. We’re looking for an experienced HR & Operations Manager to join our team in our Vancouver office on a 13-month mat-leave cover. There is high potential for full-time employment upon completion of this contract. The person in this role will report to the CEO, but will require a high level of self-direction.
Why join Briteweb?
- We are one the most sought after creative agencies in the social sector in North America. Making an impact is at the core of our company values.
- We work hard and celebrate often (think skiing, team lunches and beach BBQ’s).
- In addition to a competitive salary we offer education stipends, great benefits, flexible work schedules, remote work options, annual team retreats and travel opportunities.
- Recruitment of internal hires and Briteweb Network (freelance) team members
- Maintaining talent management strategy and oversight of all employee professional development
- Managing compensation reviews and compensation market evaluations
- Benefits management for both Canadian and US employees
- Maintaining a strong team culture via regular check-ins with team members, planning regular team events etc.; staff event planning and execution
- Staff and network member onboarding/offboarding
- Maintaining accurate employee files while ensuring confidentiality
- Planning and facilitating team meetings and management team meetings
- Vacation and education benefit tracking
- Managing corporate banking requirements – account management, deposits etc.
- All expense forecasting, tracking and oversight for both the Canadian and US Corporations
- Management of team expense reports including external billings ie. client bill-backs for travel etc.
- Working with the project operations team to manage project resource forecasting and fulfillment
- Managing the Briteweb Intranet system including content and user management
- Sourcing and submitting grant applications
- Team equipment maintenance/ordering
- Management of the Briteweb Network – managing all incoming candidates, talent sourcing, coordinating internal technical screening, candidate testing, contract management and onboarding
- You have 3+ years in an HR and/or Ops Management role
- People are your jam, you love to see your team succeed and are happiest when they are thriving
- You’ve got hustle – at Briteweb we are constantly innovating and iterating our processes, you may not know how to tackle something but you will always figure it out. In order to stay nimble and innovative it is imperative that all our team members are open-minded and can adapt quickly to changing landscapes
- You posses a high level of empathy
- You’re highly analytical – you like analyzing data and coming up with metrics
- Experience managing payroll for Canadian and/or US companies considered an asset
- You are well versed in benefits management – bonus points for experience managing benefits in the US
- You have team leadership skills and possess sensitivity to team dynamics; you have experience managing direct reports
- You possess a commitment to process improvements, efficiency and automation initiatives
- Experience with various digital apps/tools (not limited to) WordPress, Trello, Slack, G-Suite, Zoom, Xero considered an asset
- You’re a high-five enthusiast
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.