Work with game-changing organizations. Make a difference in the world. Laugh daily. Love your job. We’re Briteweb – a digital agency with offices in Vancouver and New York, working with non-profits, foundations, and organizations serious about social impact. We’re looking for inspired, skilled and passionate people to help us create stunning, cutting edge digital products. We’re looking to add a passionate Senior Full Stack Developer to our Canadian team.
Why join us?
- We strive for the utmost innovation, elegance and integrity in our work.
- Affecting positive change and making an impact is at the core of our company values.
- We’re fun – we bring our dogs to work, celebrate together often and enjoy frequent team outings.
- We offer a competitive benefits package and a flexible work environment that supports your lifestyle.
We’re looking for a full stack developer with 5+ years of full stack web development experience. Experience working within a team environment; not only with other developers, but clients and project managers is a must. A strong candidated places equal importance on both form and function when writing code, is detail-oriented with a solid understanding of quality UX and can communicate effectively to find optimal solutions to problems.
Skills and Requirements
- At least 5 years experience or a very impressive body of work
- Experience with Laravel or equivalent PHP MVC framework
- Familiarity with MySQL and database design
- ES6 and reactive JS frameworks like Vue.js or React
- Accessibility best practices and Responsive Design
- Experience using version control software in a team environment
- A Product and Customer-oriented Mindset
Nice to haves
- Experience shipping Progressive Web Applications
- Modern front end development tooling (Webpack, NPM/Yarn, node.js)
- Test Driven Development practices
- WordPress, custom theme and plugin development
- Open Source projects or contributions
To apply, please submit your portfolio, github and/or code sample, cover letter and resume in PDF format to the email provided. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Briteweb is an equal oppertunity employer. We support diversity in the workplace and always strive for inclusion.
Job Type: Full-time