About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our Vancouver-based team. The person in this role will report to the Director of Project Operations but will be responsible for independently managing projects. If you are an innovative individual and love to be apart of pioneering the way for social impact than we want to hear from you!
You have outstanding initiative, reliability, accountability, teamwork, and problem-solving skills. You have the ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and changing environment. You are skilled in multiple PM workflow methodologies including agile and waterfall. You are highly organized, collaborative, and self-driven. You are confident in your ability to delegate resources and tasks while empowering others with what they need to rock it. You want to work within a team that is open-hearted, entrepreneurial, in it together, accountable, all the while, keeping it real with one another and clients.
- Define the scope requirements of the project in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Gather requirements and create detailed work plans that identify and sequence the activities needed to successfully complete projects.
- Determine the resources required to complete the project.
- Develop a schedule for project completion.
- Review and revise the project schedule with the Business Development team and affected staff.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated.
Project Implementation & Evaluation
- Execute the project and ensure all project information is documented.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary. Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders on the progress of the project.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets project standards.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and high-quality.
- Continuous evaluation of objectives and metrics aligned with the agency’s strategic initiatives.
- Support team members in resolving project barriers and delays.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project and facilitate project retrospectives to capture key learnings to apply to the business.
- 5+ years experience in project management (digital and custom applications is an asset)
- Familiar with agile and waterfall, as well as other workflow methodologies
- Understanding of latest digital technology: responsive design, rapid prototyping, digital style guides, content with design approach, UX design, WordPress, PWA, Custom Applications
- Proficient with various Project Management apps and tools (not limited to): Gantt Charts, Trello, Slack, Google Docs, etc.
- PMP or CAPM, SCRUM certification an asset
- Experience successfully and directly managing multiple team members in a remote capacity
- Willingness to adhere to European client timezones
- Ability to be successful and autonomous in a remote setting
- Team leadership skills; sensitivity to team dynamics
- Clear understanding of production team roles: strategy, content, design, development, QA testing, social media •Ability to successfully scope and estimate agency projects
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal relations skills
- Interest and drive through innovation and continuous process improvement
Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.