We are hiring a Managing Director (MD) to champion integration and strategy throughout the agency. We are seeking a successful senior level executive with outstanding professional skills and knowledge of the industry. With 10+ years of digital agency experience and a drive to create positive social impact, you will proactively engage in industry and agency thought leadership.
In addition to having a passion for brand strategy, web development, technology and data you possess an entrepreneurial streak and are excited at the prospect of building the agency with new tools, ideas and opportunities.
You are a passionate, resourceful, curious problem-solver. Having spent a number of years building your network and perfecting your craft, you are looking for a place to learn, push and build something special. If you are ready to take ownership in a purpose-driven and collaborative environment, we want to hear from you!
Summary of the Role
Briteweb’s Managing Director (MD) will report directly to the CEO and oversee the day to day operations of the agency. As the highest ranking manager in the business the MD will have the autonomy to drive the vision of the agency and will be responsible for its success.
The ideal candidate will be a digital marketing strategist and a leader able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while also implementing its strategic vision, fulfilling its purpose, and striving towards its North Star.
Briteweb’s MD is a dynamic job; one day developing new operating strategies, the next participating in a new business pitch. Thus, the ideal candidate needs to be an expert in digital marketing operations and have a proven track record of leading and motivating a team to produce its best work.
Our new MD must be an inspiring leader with the ability to maximize the talents of our growing team. Directly managing the work of the Directors and overseeing a diverse team of full time and distributed contractor professionals, the ideal candidate is equally skilled in the role of coach, teacher, instructor, and critic all at once.
- Partner with the CEO to drive the vision of the company
- Develop and execute business strategies to achieve targeted YOY growth
- Stay current and ahead of strategy, brand, digital and marketing best practices and ensure the agency is always ahead of the market.
- Provide strategic advice to the CEO, together identifying and leveraging potential growth opportunities.
- Mentor and motivate the team to consistently create award-winning and impact- generating work
- Build a positive and highly functioning leadership team that is eager to actively contribute to organizational growth.
- Delegate responsibilities and promote accountability amongst the Directors; providing guidance to maximize effectiveness, individual and team performance
- Develop and deliver thought leadership and creative solutions.
- Promote continual improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Develop and execute business strategies that align with vision, mission, and goals.
- Ensure business targets for revenue and profitability are achieved.
- Assist in developing the skills of the management team and ensure that the critical resources are in place to scale the organization through core and networked talent curation.
- Oversee and be accountable for financial performance- managing the sales cycle and ensuring sufficient cash flow to meet ongoing and growth needs.
Client Services / New Business
- Join conversations with new and prospective clients to identify value-creating opportunities and sell Briteweb solutions.
- Grow new business while continually developing and nurturing solid client relationships.
- 10+ years of digital agency experience, with a holistic cross channel planning approach, and an expertise in delivering strategy, brand, digital and marketing services.
- Advanced experience managing the creative development process in a client-services environment.
- Team builder and a respected leader with motivational and leadership skills. Someone who gains the respect of the team and client and who brings a high level of enthusiasm across the company
- Strong communicator, speaker and presenter: someone we want to have in every room.
- Energetic and performance oriented with a focus on long term business and client goals and delivering against them.
- Superior ability to multitask- possessing a lot of bandwidth.
- Adept at identifying new talent, who can be a role model and a mentor for up and comers.
- Strong ability to provide clear direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve processes to keep work on budget and on schedule.
- Demonstrated experience and confidence in developing strategic and business plans.
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the agency landscape.
- Solid skills and confidence in all matters of corporate finance and driving profitability. Demonstrated capability in financially-based operational decision making and growth-oriented finance strategies.
- Regular Full Time
- Primary Location: New York with frequent travel to Vancouver
Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.