Connector Terms & Conditions
- Briteweb offers two potential Connector fees: Top Talent and New Clients. “Top Talent” referrals pay $1 per hour for every hour billed by each freelancer working through Briteweb on the Connector engagement. “New Client” referrals pay $500 up front and 5% of total billing over $60,000.
- The Connector Program is not available to third-party recruiters or recruiting platforms.
- We do not pay Connector fees if the referred person is already in the Briteweb Network, our database of freelance professionals. In that case, he or she was already referred by someone else or the individual previously applied directly to the Briteweb Network.
- A new client connection applies to that first contractual engagement only, not future or perpetual contracts with that client.
- A connection applies every time we use that person on a Briteweb Network project. Your affiliation as the “Connector” of the freelancer ends when the individual leaves contracting – e.g., takes an employment position or retires. To be assigned as the Connector, your Connector Networker must be new to the Briteweb Network database of Networkers worldwide. A Networker can only be referred by one person. If there is a dispute, we will ask the consultant who referred him or her to the Briteweb Network.
- Connector fees for Networkers can only be paid out if there is a minimum of 30% markup on the Networkers rate. Similarly, we do not pay referral fees on pass-through projects which often have break-even mark-ups.
- If a Networker is moved to a retainer agreement in that they are guaranteed a set number of hours per month, the associated connector rate decreases to 0.50¢ per hour.
- Referrals are processed at the end of each quarter. Payment will be sent out within 30 days of the following quarter.
- At the end of each of quarter, we’ll tally the total hours of each connection and pay out the following month via ACH or EFT. In order to do this, we will require your banking information.
- We reserve the right to terminate referral payments if we believe the receiver of those payments is in conflict with Briteweb’s core values and moral standards. This has only ever happened once.
- It is up to the Connector to review the tax laws of their home country and file accordingly. This payment could be seen as income, however, Briteweb is not responsible for issuing tax slips.
- Briteweb reserves the right at its sole discretion to change or withdraw the Briteweb Connector Program at any time, without notice to its participants. Referral Program participants are deemed to have acknowledged this condition once a referral payment from Briteweb has been received.
- Upon signing up, you will be added to our Connector newsletter. If you wish to be removed from this newsletter, you may do so through the subscription options at the bottom of any Connector newsletter you receive.