Full Stack PHP Developer
Briteweb is a branding and digital agency that works exclusively in the social sector, with some of the most influential non-profits, foundations and social enterprises in the world. We’re looking for inspired, skilled, and passionate people to join us to help take custom development projects to the next level.
Why join Briteweb?
- We’re one the most sought after creative agencies in the social sector in North America.
- Purpose and social impact are core to our company values.
- We work hard and celebrate often (think: skiing, team lunches, and beach BBQ’s).
- In addition to a competitive salary, we offer education stipends, great benefits, incredibly flexible work schedules and remote work options, annual retreats, and travel opportunities.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer with 3+ years of web development experience, with a particular focus on PHP Laravel, to join our Vancouver team. Experience working within a team environment; not only with other developers, but project managers, designers and strategists is essential. You will be working on a team but must also be able to work autonomously at times. The ideal candidate places equal importance on both form and function when writing code. This individual is also detail-oriented with a solid understanding of quality UX. Strong communication skills and an ability to communicate ideas, theories and technical concepts to non-developers is essential.
- 3+ years experience with Laravel and/or comparable PHP languages
- Ability to adhere to PSR standards
- Extensive knowledge of Git
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with Capistrano or similar deployment tools
- Experience with Ubuntu Server and/or other Debian based linux distros
- Proficiency with HTML5 and JS
- Experience with advanced WordPress customization and WordPress Multisite (bonus)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MSSQL, or NoSQL databases
- Experience scaling PHP applications
- Experience with other PHP frameworks
To apply, please submit your portfolio, github and/or code sample, cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Github or code samples should demonstrate your ability with the required technologies outlined above. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.